ATMC NZ supports all students at every step of their journey in New Zealand. By providing learning assistance, we ensure the students get to understand their strengths and preferences during their educational experience.
We offer orientation programs to introduce the students to their new study environment. Orientation is a great opportunity for students to learn about the services, facilities, and support available to them both by ATMC NZ team and within Auckland.
Some of the main student support services offered at ATMC NZ:
- Student associations to provide support and assistance to students as and when required
- Accommodation, transport, etc. to help students settle comfortably in a new environment
- A team to help overseas students with queries regarding the prevalent laws in the country
- Counselling and personal support
- Social events, trips and excursions to rejuvenate and learn about the NZ culture
- Support related to course progress and curriculum
- Support regarding part time jobs and work opportunities for students
- Support regarding internship options
- Industry visits relevant to your course
There is a variety of accommodation options available for overseas students in New Zealand. There are four main types of accommodation options that students can choose from:
Homestays let students stay with a New Zealand family in a fully functional and a fully furnished home. These are a very good option for socially active students. However, the viability of this option would depend upon how well you get along with the family you are living with.
2. Individual apartments for rent:
Sometimes the campus student support team can also guide you regarding this but nevertheless, there are a myriad of online portals offering various accommodation options keeping you totally secure.
3. Shared apartments for rent:
Shared apartments allow students to share the apartment with two or more roommates. One of the major advantages to share an apartment is that it’s economic as the rent and utility bills get shared in such cases. It also serves as a great opportunity to get to know other people and make new friends.
There are a few points to keep in mind such as distance from campus and central locations, so it’s always recommended to get in touch with the campus for assistance.