What information do we collect and what is it used for?
We collect website visitors’ contact information. Unless you object, this information may be used to:
• Assess your online application for registration;
• Assess your online scholarship registration;
• Send you information about our activities which we believe may be useful to you;
• Monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website; and
• Profile the type of people accessing the website and where they are accessing the website from.
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of this website or which is incidental to the purpose for which you submitted a form on this website. For the removal of doubt, personal information will not be used for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect, but information collected through online forms will be accessible by our web developers and our web host provider.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request. However, we may still use or disclose that information if:
• We subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
• We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
• We are required by law to disclose the information.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in any of these ways or for any other specific purpose, you can e-mail us at [email protected]
What if you do not complete our online forms completely?
If you do not complete any online form on this website in full, we will not be able to respond to your enquiry, or process your online application registration or your online scholarship registration.
Cookies and IP addresses
We utilise “cookies” and track IP addresses. This enable us to:
• Monitor traffic patterns;
• Ensure that forms are validly submitted;
• Ensure that forms are submitted by the person who landed on the web page where there is a form;
• To serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website.
A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Emails that you send to us
We will preserve the content of any e-mail you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
Using personal information for analysis
Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but in such circumstances we would ensure that individuals would remain anonymous.
Confidentiality and security of transmission
All personal information which we collect (including your contact details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability.
You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Your consent to disclosure overseas
You agree and consent to us disclosing any personal information collected about you overseas to entities associated with us and to offshore service providers. This includes (without limitation) entities located in Singapore and India.
Minors who use our website
We consider it is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our website. Nevertheless it is our policy not to require personal information from persons known to be under the age of 18 years or offer to send any promotional material to persons in that category.
Accessing your personal information
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us over this website.
You are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
Contacting us about privacy