The ATMC Cyber Defence Lab is a cyber security, audit, advisory, and research initiative designed to promote cyber protection through education. The Lab provides hands-on training into tools for ethical hacking and penetration testing as part of the NZQA Level 9 PG Dip in IT Security Course.
The Lab is also available to assist corporates and small-to-medium scale businesses and community organisations with cyber defence support as well as educating and improving corporate and community awareness of the role and value of cyber defence.
• Ethical Hacking (Part of NZQA Level 9 PG Diploma in IT Security Management)
• AI-Based Cyber Security Alert System (Part of NZQA Level 7 Diploma in Software Engineering)
AI-based malware analysis and synthetic malware repository
A signature-based malware analysis is a common approach for identifying and detecting malware through signature database. However, with a slight modification in a signature, a new malware is created time to time. Moreover, signature-based approaches expect the presence of the entire signature and all possible combinations. The recent success of feature extraction-based approaches enabled to investigate similar possibility for extracting unique features from malware signature data that could be used for detection of malware.
This research involves optimizing feature extraction approaches using AI and Datamining techniques for malware analysis. The proposed research would enable to present a repository of known and unknown malware (synthetic) signatures which could be utilised for testing the security aspects of government and private organisations. This could help to assess the ability of anti-malware systems that are in place currently. This will also help provides a benchmark dataset for future implementation.
The research would further enable to introduce artificial intelligence approaches for detection and optimisation of the anti-malware systems. The standards of existing and future anti-malware systems can also be assessed through the proposed research.
Register for the following by sending an email to [email protected]
1. Cybersecurity assessment for Small and Medium Enterprises
2. Workshops and Training sessions for IT / Networking Professional
3. Cybersecurity awareness workshops
4. Workshops and Training sessions for Non-IT
5. Assistance in certification
6. Workshops for graduates & job seekers
7. Ethical Hacking in real-world based problem solving
8. Conventional and Unconventional practices of Ethical Hacking
9. Industry based teaching and learning
10. Project oriented approach
11. State-of-the-art techniques and technologies (IoT / Mobile)