Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology is a high quality Government owned tertiary education provider which is based at the top of the South Island in New Zealand.
NMIT is a New Zealand Qualifications Authority Category 1 (the highest) Institute.
Our programmes are designed alongside industry to create work ready graduates that meet local and international job market needs. You’ll find NMIT tutors care a lot about student success, and classes are small enough that they know you by name.
For over 110 years, NMIT has been providing tertiary education in the Top of the South. We have our origins in the Nelson Technical School, which opened in Hardy Street, Nelson in 1905.
We have two campuses located in Nelson and Blenheim in the South Island.Each of our campuses offer programmes designed to complement the business and industry demands of the area
NMIT- A World Class Choice to Study
- Government Owned
- Government Funded Institute
- Qualifications are approved by NZQA
- One of New Zealand’s oldest institutes, established in 1905
- The highest NZQA approved qualifications
- NMIT has Category 1 Status, the highest possible from NZQA
- ISO 9001 registered
- Reputable Qualifications
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- Developed & delivered in partnership with local institutes