At ATMC NZ our research vision is to develop a rich research culture that supports and engages learners and staff and contributes to new knowledge and understanding in fields related to ATMC NZ’s programmes.
At ATMC NZ, our research goals are to:
- Support the quality and content of ATMC NZ’s programmes
- Develop the research skills and capabilities of staff and students
- Contribute to industry through applied research activities
- Broaden the research base across the organisation
- Provide research-related professional development opportunities
- Integrate capstone projects in our programmes to enrich research activity
- Provide opportunities for research collaboration between students, staff and with other educational institutions
ATMC NZ’s academic team have a history of undertaking and publishing research in the areas of business, management, information technology, healthcare and the arts. Their research focuses on the generation of new knowledge and understanding and aims to support the curriculum of our programmes. Sometimes, their research is presented at national and international conferences or published in magazines and journals both in New Zealand and abroad.
Most of the programmes at ATMC, provide the opportunity for students to undertake their own research, whilst being supported by a research supervisor. This is often enabled through capstone projects focused on generating solutions to real world problems. Research activities will enable you to develop deeper understandings of your chosen industry and will also better prepare you for further postgraduate level study should you choose to continue your studies.