Due to Covid-19 alert levels and the New Zealand borders being closed ATMC NZ is not taking any new enrolments at the present time.
The Diploma in Management (Health Care) is an industry experience-based programme. Students are required to undertake a “Related Learning Experience” project in an industry environment. All industry-placement proposals go through a formal process and must be approved by the Director of Studies. All industry-placements must be approved before any academic work commences. Industry-placements will be selected based on the potential to add to the learning experience and the potential of the project to facilitate scholarly inquiry of sufficient depth, breadth, and significance, which enables the learner to meet the academic requirements of the course.
To complete this qualification students must undertake the following:
Students are required to complete 30 credits per term. They must complete three of the four taught courses: Health Services Management and Policy, Support Planning for Geriatric and Mental Health Conditions, Human Resource Management, Operations, Quality and Risk Management and Related Learning Experience (Industry Placement). The Related Learning Experience (Industry Placement) course is taken in the final term.
To enter the programme applicants must have either:
- A diploma in business, management or healthcare-related field at Level 6 or equivalent qualification OR
- Be able to demonstrate at least three years equivalent practical or professional experience in business, management, or healthcare-related field.
- The suitability of the applicant will be assessed and decided by the ATMC Academic Board
- English language requirements: As a minimum those with English as a second language must have an overall IELTS score of at least 6.0 (Academic) with no band score lower than 5.5. This must be gained in one exam within the previous two year period.
- As a minimum those with English as a second language must have an overall IELTS score of at least 6.0 (Academic) with no band score lower than 5.5. This must be gained in one exam within the previous two year period.
|KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS|
|Duration (weeks)||42 Weeks including Holiday weeks|
|Tuition Fees||DOMESTIC STUDENTS FEES|
+ REGISTRATION FEES
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FEES|
+ REGISTRATION FEES
|Total Learning Hours||1200|
|Requirements||Provide evidence of a minimum of 2 years fulltime work experience (either paid or voluntary) in the medical or health-related field, preferably within elderly care. Such applicants must submit a current CV and copies of two professional references, and undergo a pre-entry interview to establish their sustainability.|
|Student loan information||StudyLink|
|* All fees above are listed in NZ Dollars (NZ$) and include GST (Goods and Services Tax). Insurance is compulsory for International Students.|
For more information and fees details Click here